Monday, February 16, 2009

"10 in 10" Week #3

"The challenge for this week is to drink 6-8 8 oz. glasses of water a day. Several of you have asked for more information about the South Beach diet. Here is the website I went to: http://www.southbeach-diet-plan.com/shoppinglist_p1.htm. It has a lot of good info. If you don't struggle with carbs or sugar, then this diet won't do a lot for you. If either of these are your downfall, then you could see some could results. If you exercise alot, especially running, I wouldn't do this diet since your body needs the carbs to convert into energy. Some people feel weak or light-headed on this diet--so use necessary caution!
Another way to jump start the weight loss is to stay on about a 1200 calorie daily diet. My sister sent me an email with some good ideas for meals, snacks, etc. that would be good for any weight loss plan you choose. I will forward it along.
Have a great week and let's keep those pounds coming off!"
Julie

3 comments:

Tasha said...

I would love to say this is inspirational...but it just makes me feel bad for the piece of cake I just ate!!haha Hey...my oldest just became a teenager, I might even need something a little stronger!!LOL Kidding...GEEEEEZ!! That was for Daymon! Anyway...you're awesome and I'll never compare, so I'm not gonna try!!lol

Amie said...

I'm totally doing the low carb thing. And lots of water. Earlier today, I was cursing my very existence... but now I'm feeling pretty good! I'm telling you- I'm gonna have some weight loss to report in a few days!!! :)

eight happy "hardts" said...

Way to go Amie! I couldn't do that low carb thing. It would kill me. But this week I have been drinking the water and I feel water logged! I can't ever be too far away from a bathroom. What a week. I hope you have better luck than I've had. :)