Sunday, September 19, 2010

OKAY $1.56 in postage DOESN'T mean ANYTHING!

Nate received his mission call on Thursday here in Michigan, it cost $1.56 to mail it here. He said we couldn't open it, he wanted to open it in Utah. Can you believe HE wanted to open it.
We tried just about everything to see where he might serve,
this doesn't really work!


The Letter!


This didn't work either.


Trav came out to visit and before he left Utah, where Nate is,
he told Nate he was going to open it.

Jae (Trav's wife) helped.
This was our Attempt at tricking Nate into thinking we opened his mission call without him.



I can't tell you the self control and patience I have had to practice for the last 3 days waiting. The anticipation has been excruciating.
Let me explain the significance of $1.56. Since I was being torchered by the wait, I had a friend that said, you can usually tell if they will be serving state side or foreign by the amount on the postage. HUM......It usually weights more if it's foreign, this makes sense to me. So I checked with a friend that just received his mission call to the Pocatello, Idaho mission and his mission postage was $1.56.
EXACTLY THE SAME AS NATE'S!!

So against my gut feeling of a foreign mission I guess it will be a state side mission, RIGHT?

TODAY, Sunday, we skyped with Nate and the rest of the family in Utah
while he opened his letter.

ELDER NATHAN DAYMON LEONHARDT HAS BEEN CALLED TO SERVE A MISSION FOR THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS SERVING IN THE



BULGARIA, SOFIA MISSION!!

8 comments:

Our Family Adventures said...

That is SO AWESOME!!! Please tell him "Congratulations" from the James family. He is going to be a GREAT missionary!!

Michelle said...

We couldn't be happier for that man. I myself started to cry. I can't imagine how you and Daymon feel Sue. I love you guys!!!

Fran and LaVar said...

Wow, what a wonderful day it's been! So exciting to find out where Nate will be serving the Lord on a full time mission!! I just got off the phone with Morris and Annette Mower, wonderful friends of our family that helped open the Bulgaria Sofia Mission almost twenty years ago. They are so happy for Nate! They gave us names of people that now live in Logan to contact, if Nate would like to, and find out more about his mission (even materials to start studying the language if he would like to get a head start, etc.) As for us, the grandparents of Nate, we could not be more proud of him and the preparation he's made his entire life for this moment. Congrats to all of you. Mom and Dad

Company EIGHT said...

WAHOO! Nate is going to be an awesome missionary!

And, for the record, you were FAST last night!

Mike and Sonila Wood said...

This is so great, we are so happy for Nate. He is going to be a wonderful missionary, just like his grandpa Leonhardt!!!! (sorry Daymon, I haven't see you as an elder:)
love you guys

Kendel said...

I got my mission call today and my postage is 1.56 too!! I typed it in on google to see if anything came up and the headline "OKAY 1.56 in postage DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING" came up and I was a bit discouraged but read your blog post and THERE IS HOPE!! haha. I open my call tonight!

"Liibaan Osman" said...

SO AWESOME

qwe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.