Sunday, May 16, 2010

When the Hubby's away the Wife likes to .....

START A HUGE PROJECT!
Why do I do this? I have no idea! For some reason whenever Daymon takes a trip I plan a really BIG project to try and get done while he's gone. I think it helps me stay busy and not miss him so much, or maybe it is because I can leave a mess out for a few days and not feel like I have to hurry and clean things up before my hubby comes home from work at the end of the day.

Either way I am so glad I attempted to redo my front room. I have been wanting to repaint it ever since we moved in and finally I did it. I don't know if you can tell but the crown molding and baseboards are cream and I wanted them white. So I started by re-caulking all the crown molding and baseboards, patched all the holes and cracks in the walls, pulled off the old wallpaper (the kids helped with this part, they did an awesome job).

BEFORE




DURING

During the first night of the repainting Levi bonked his head on the fireplace bricks. There was a LOT of blood and Daymon was gone. I didn't know what to do, Daymon would just say "Super Glue, where is the super glue". He likes to super glue wounds. I ended up calling a GREAT friend, who also happens to be a doctor, he said he needed stitches and just laughed when I mentioned SUPER GLUE. I quickly found out Levi is much tougher than I am. He didn't whine at all, all the whining came from me.

Cute little black and blue eyed boy!




AFTER



TAAA DAAA! I really love the color. It is so soothing and warm feeling in this room now.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Wow!! I am so jealous. You have great taste. Really an awesome job!

Jewels said...

woohoo suzanne it looks great!!!!

Tanya Searle said...

I love it!! Poor Levi :( I hope he heals really fast!

Fran and LaVar said...

Hey Suzy-Q, you've really outdone yourself this time. It's gorgeous! You did an awesome job. See you soon. Can't wait!! My poor Levi should be feeling lots better by the time the trip comes around. Hope so! Love ya, Mom

Mike and Sonila Wood said...

Suz, the room looks so pretty, love it. probably I should hire you to come to Germany and remodel our living room...:)love it!!!
Levi, you cutie.
can't wait to see you guys.